Tuesday, January 20, 2009

This Weekend

Besides studying for the quiz that we were supposed to have on Monday, my host family and I went up to a mountain over looking the city of Oaxaca where we could see the city at night. While we were there, there was a car accident, so we got to see the ambulance and tow trucks come (there are pictures posted).
Here are the pictures: http://picasaweb.google.com/peterbrown4/OaxacaAtNight#

Also, I went to a grocery store called Soriana which is like there version of WalMart - without all the issues of WalMart. They sold everything from tires, to clothes, to food. It was interesting to see the different selections. My host mom had asked me if I would cook "American" food for them one night, so I did. They had almost everything in the store, the one thing that was hard to find was spagetti sauce. There was maybe a foot of shelf space designated for it, and all of it had mushrooms in it. One thing that was interesting about the supermarket was the fact that the isles were basically laid out in the same way as Stop & Shop at home--there's definitely some science behind it.
The pictures are here of me with my host mom and family cooking: http://picasaweb.google.com/peterbrown4/Cooking#

No comments:

Post a Comment